The Pediatric Clinical Update – South Bay 2019 will provide the pediatrician and family physician learners with up-to-date, best-evidence clinical information on a wide range of clinical issues encountered in daily pediatric practice. The CME course will highlight recent advances in pediatric medicine covering orthopedics, depression and anxiety, gastrointestinal issues, and dermatology. In addition, there will be a presentation on making the physician office transgender-friendly.
- Incorporate updated standards of care for transgender and gender non-conforming youth in order to identify and address the transgender patient’s needs and develop a strategy to make your office transgender or gender non-conforming friendly.
- Accurately diagnose the child or adolescent presenting with type 1 diabetes and treat or refer appropriately.
- Identify the older adolescent who has not entered puberty and diagnose the reason this patient is delayed.
- Counsel adolescents and their parents about the dangers of vaping.
- Perform a psychological assessment on the child or adolescent that presents with depression or anxiety and determine effective management strategies or refer to specialists as necessary.
Registration fee includes tuition, course materials, certificate of participation, continental breakfast and lunch.