Due to changes to the Zoom platform on June 23, all Video Visits through Zoom now require a password. We are asking all providers using Zoom for Video Visits to edit their Personal Meeting Rooms to enable the password option and to send new meeting invitations to patients for existing appointments.
- Edit your Personal Meeting Room to ensure Require Meeting Password and Enable Waiting Room options are checked before generating an invitation.
- Passwords will automatically be included for all meeting invites. There will be two passwords generated: An alphanumeric password for those that join via Zoom application and a separate numeric password for those who join by dial-in.
- Note: Users are able to change the password, it is highly recommended to update the password to a 6 digit all numeric password, this will make the application password and dial-in password the same.
- If you have previously created Smartphrases that include your Zoom meeting link, you will need to update your Smartphrase with the new Zoom meeting link after the password has been enabled.
For Zoom Video Visits already scheduled for after June 23, 2020:
- A new invitation link with the updated password requirement will need to be created.
- Please be sure to send the new invitation link to patients via MyHealth message.
- Instructions on how to Edit/Create a Zoom Personal Meeting and add passwords can be found in the following article: Zoom: Video Conference with Patients – Create and Host a Video Conference with Patients using Zoom