University HealthCare Alliance has just launched a Nurse Practitioner Annual Wellness Visit Program. We have hired three Nurse Practitioners and one Patient Service Representative dedicated to the completion of Annual Wellness Visits for our Medicare Advantage-HMO (UnitedHealthcare/HealthNet/Stanford Advantage) patients.
We have devoted one Nurse Practitioner(NP) to each UHA region:
- Catherine Guthrie, ARNP assigned to Emeryville Region
- Mamata Patel, ARNP assigned to ValleyCare Region
- April Yu-Chun, ARNP assigned to South Bay Region
The NP will float between several clinics to see patients. Our Patient Service Representative will schedule patients to see the Nurse Practitioner in your clinic. The Nurse Practitioner will be sending in-basket summaries and escalations to the PCP. Stanley Ng, MD, is the Medical Director providing oversight to the program.
Because of COVID-19, we have lost ground in our annual review of chronic conditions for our Medicare Advantage members. To catch up, UHA set a goal is to complete 70% of Annual Wellness Visits on all Medicare Advantage patients between July-September of this year.
Despite the best efforts of our PCP’s, we believe we need augmentation by this new team of NP’s dedicated to helping with an accurate annual assessment of chronic conditions.
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions about this program, please contact:
- Anna Carley, RHIT Risk Adjustment Program Manager
(510) 662-5832, or
- Dr. Stanley Ng, Medical Director for Risk Adjustment/Quality and Care Management
* Please note that the phone number for Dr. Ng has recently changed.